I haven't finished my essay yet, but I promised to have an update this week, so here I am. Besides, I got a one week extension on my essay last night. Yay! :)

As some of you may know, I'm going on my first mission trip this year. I'm going to Cowra Summer Breakout from 9th-18th Jan 2004. It's a joint mission with a Baptist and Presbyterian church in Cowra. Where is Cowra? It's west of Sydney, pass Katoomba, pass Lithgow, pass Bathurst, pass Blayney, and keep going and you'll get to Cowra. Probably about 5-6 hours drive I think.

We had our mission houseparty (ie camp) last weekend where we got to meet our team, meet the other people on this mission, and even meet some of the team from Cowra. There were a fair few 'veterans' who've been involved for a few years, but there were also lots of newbies like myself.

I'll be working with section Jumping Beans (JBs) - this is the section looking after kids from Kindergarten to Year 2. We'll be mainly looking at Luke and seeing who Jesus is. I have never taught kids this young before, so I really have no idea what to do!!!! But that's why I picked it, so I can have some experience working with little kids.

I will need to get started on some preparation soon, but not till I finish this OT essay!

<< Thank God for the extension for the essay. And also thank God for the opportunity to be part of this team for Cowra mission and part of JBs. Pray that I will get to know the rest of my team and be able to work together with them. And pray also that I'll learn how to teach little children so that they too can enter the Kingdom of God. >>

0 comments:

ShareThis