College Mission @ Narrabeen

For some reason, I think my brain only allows me to write 10,000 words a month and no more. That's my limit. My brains kinda just shuts down after that. Most of that limit is taken up with essays and sermons. The remainder is spent generally on emails and administration. That usually means zeros words left for my blog. Therefore, there was no update in March cuz I was writing my newsletter (which is just an extended blog).

Back from college mission and currently half way through my holidays. This mission was probably the most relaxing one I have ever been on, and I don't think any mission in the future will beat it. I was with a team of 12 others up in Narrabeen (if you don't know where that is, it's part of the northern beaches, about 1/2 hr past Manly) for 8 days, from Sun 3rd April to Sun 10th April.

We were part of the Baptist church there and involved with everything that they usually do - ie Sunday School, preaching in church, youth group, home groups, Mums' morning, Kids' Arvo and primary school scripture. Most mornings we had something on, and everyday we had the afternoon free. We were planning to have the day off on Monday and spend it at Palm Beach. But alas, it rained on us and so we ended up doing lots of preparation that day. To make up for it, we went to the beach every other day (except for Sunday).

I must admit, I'm totally not a beach person. It has to be 30 degrees plus before you can get me in the water. But nonetheless, I had a really good time just hanging out with the people in my team and getting to know them. One of the difficulties this year is that I haven't had the opportunity to get to know many of the 1st year students because I'm not in the same lectures as them. So in that regards, mission was really good.

So even though we didn't do much evangelism (perhaps with the exception of school scripture), it was a good mission. More good for us college students than for the church, but still good. :)

<< Give thanks for the time at Narrabeen encouraging the Christians there and learning from the pastors there. Pray for the ongoing ministries at this church, especially the school scripture. Pray that the many kids from non-Christian families who heard the gospel will respond, and that the scripture teachers will be able to follow them up. >>

Category:

0 comments:

ShareThis