Lots on My Mind

Five days till my first exam. I've been working hard to catch up with my NT Greek. I'm starting to be able to translate the Gospel of John reasonably well, but I still often forget my vocab and grammar.

First semester this year has gone by pretty quick. I only have 2 exams, so I can't complain (most people have 4). Then it's 3 weeks of holidays. Don't have much planned for holidays, except to catch up with friends (from new & old church, and also you guys - my supporters). Oh, and there's also 3 weddings during those 3 weeks - all Bible college students. If you think that's bad, there's 3 weddings in Dec all on the same day, and all 3 couples are from SMBC.

I've also got a sermon to preach on Isaiah 6 one week after exams. I don't know if I can write a sermon with only one week. I'm pretty slow at the moment. I suppose I can write one, the question is whether it's any good.

Church-wise, I need to sit down and do some serious thinking about the ministries I'm involved in, especially the youth related stuff. But right now, it's just been pushed to the back of my mind. I feel like I'm not working as effectively as I could and I'm feeling frustrated at myself. Hopefully I can get it all sorted out over the break.
Give thanks for another 6 months of great learning at SMBC. Pray that I can remember all that I've learnt and spill it out in the exams.

Pray also that I'll have a good rest over the holidays and be refreshed to start the second half of the year. Give thanks to God for all those who are supporting me in prayer and with money.

Pray that I can serve more effectively at ND so that the youths can grow in maturity and love for the Lord Jesus.
Category: , ,

0 comments:

ShareThis