Weather forecast from Bureau of Meteorology:
Trend for Friday, Saturday and Sunday
A few showers clearing Friday, fine Saturday, Sunday.


We are all praying hard that it won't rain this Saturday so that we might have an opportunity to preach the gospel to the teenagers. Of course, if it does rain, we know it's all within God's control and He will choose to call His elect in some other way.

<< Pray that there will be no rain this Saturday. But even if there's rain, pray that they will still come to the FATE the following week and be challenged by the message of the gospel. >>



While chatting with Greggles on ICQ the other night, I had an interesting thought about prayer & worrying. Seeing this blog is all about prayer, I thought it'd be most appropriate to post it here. See if you can follow my scattered thoughts...

Biblical Truth
As Christians, we are to trust in God's sovereignty and not worry (Mt 6:25).
Application
Therefore, instead of worrying, we are to pray (Phil 4:6).

So...

  • When we are not worried about something, do we not need to pray for that then? (eg. I'm not worried about passing my exam, so I don't pray about it)
  • Therefore, is prayer merely a coping mechanism? (ie we only pray for things that we are worried about and feel that is out of our control)
  • Or is prayer the flip-side of worry? That is, is it because we pray that causes us to not worry? (eg. I pray about passing my exam, and so now I'm not worried)


Thoughts anyone?
I have some of my own answers already, but I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

0 comments:

ShareThis