I am a dad...!!!

Or at least I feel like one. Or maybe just an older brother.

Yesterday we bought groceries together. I helped her with homework. Prepared dinner. Called her to come and eat (twice). Made sure she had meat and vegies. Got her home safely...It's as if I've just adopted a daughter or a little sister.

Can guys get clucky? :P

She comes from a complicated background and grew up to be independent and self-protective. It's not easy to build a friendship with her, but a handful of us have managed it. I guess I was a bit like that myself, having matured too early. Having to get used to family problems and manage responsibility. I never had much of a childhood either.

But she's going through more than I did, and I empathise with her. It's a a crucial time for her to be learning about and experiencing God's love through the family of believers.

<< Thank God for bringing her into contact with Christians. Pray that her simple faith may be one that grows and flourishes in the soil of suffering. Hope she finds comfort in our Lord Jesus as she comes to understand how much He gave up for her. And if possible, for her to be freed from these worries and for her situation to improve. >>

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! (Romans 5:8-10)

0 comments:

ShareThis