I had a most fantastic time at Club 5 this year. Not to say I didn't enjoy it the previous years, but this time it was even more so.

A few people asked me why I even bothered going since I had already made up my mind to go to college next year. Here's a few reasons:
  • Catching up with old friends.
    Every year it's a bit like a reunion as I catch up with friends from all over Sydney and even Brisbane. There were people who've been there the last few years and we went through the different stages together. There were people I knew who came along for the first time. Particularly encourage was seeing a few friends I met at KYLC strand 1 this year who are already thinking of serving God in full-time paid ministry.

  • Meeting new friends.
    With over 100 Asians there, plus lots more other Caucasian, there was never a shortage of new people to meet. It's always exciting to meet other like-minded Christians who are passionate about the gospel.

  • Encouraging others and being encouraged in turn.
    It's most encouraging to hear about how God has been working in people's lives and how everyone is growing in their different ways. It's also good to have people share about why they're at Club 5, their thoughts about ministry, their struggles with church and life, issues they're thinking through, and how they've been challenged over the weekend. I try to share about my own journey as a Christian and how I came to decide on full time ministry. A common topic was Asian parents and how to seed the idea with them. I'm certainly no expert, and my experience will definitely be different to others, but nevertheless I think it was good to share with people.

  • Bringing people along.
    As I mentioned in my last post, I bought 2 people along with me from my church. I think they were hit with a lot of new stuff and they probably feel like they've been through the spin cycle on a washing machine. I just hope I can help them clear up some of the confusion and give them some direction.

  • Sitting under God's Word.
    This is of course the best part. Being taught by great teachers and being forced to face reality - the reality of sin, judgement, the gospel, false teachers, and the hard journey ahead as a Christian. Not a pleasant thought at first, but if we look at things with the 'glasses' of the gospel, then we will see the unseen. We see only the internal and eternal, not the external.
Feeling fired up is an understatement. Can't put it into words, but try and combine your 21st with Jesus as the guest of honour, your best holiday and all your best friends and an endless amount of time...

...hang on, that's sounds like heaven!! =D

<< All glory be to our almighty God for His amazing mercy and love in sending Jesus to rescue us and bring us into relationship with Him. Thank God for this message and the way in which it compels us to live and die for Him.

Thank God for the many many people all over Australia who are being challenged to consider full time ministry. Pray that God will continue to use the ministry of Club 5 to raise up faithful ministers of His Word so that more and more people will be reached with the great news.

Thank God for the opportunity to meet so many brothers and sisters in Christ, and especially for bringing Dennis and Cindy to this conference. Pray that we willl all keep growing in godliness and faithfulness through our understanding of the Bible as we work out how we can best serve God with our lives.

Pray that Dennis and Cindy can be teachable and open to all that they were challenged with. Pray that I can help them to clarify their thoughts and to help them to grow more and more in Christ's likeness. >>

I have much more to say about the weekend, but I've already been long winded enough. So you'll just have to ask me if you want to know more.

0 comments:

ShareThis