Sons of Korah

Last Sat, as a mini-break from studying, I went to a Christian concert with some friends. This is the latest album by Sons of Korah. They are an Australian Christian band (like Revive) who put the Bible (mainly Psalms) to contemporary music. Their music is very cool and they've got a good range of styles (ballads, rock, celtic, etc). I especially liked the song they wrote to Psalm 147a, which was in a Latin American style. It won't be available commerically until their next album is released. I hope it's soon. :)

I'm preaching on Psalms next year, so I'll probably play some of the their songs in English Service. I think it's a great way to mediate on God's Word, and it helps in memorising it too!
Give thanks for the ministry of Sons of Korah and for renewing my enjoyment of the Bible. Pray that they may continue to serve God through music and songs.

Finished my last exam yesterday. Overall I think I did ok. Friday's exam on Wisdom Literature (Psalms, Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes & Song of Songs) was probably the worst, but hopefully I'll pass.

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me and spoke words of encouragement.

Over the holidays I'll be housesitting for Phil & Fiona. For those not at ND, Fiona is our Children's Worker. Phil is her husband, who is also studying at SMBC with me. They'll be going away for 2 months to visit friends and relatives in the UK.

I still don't have much planned yet for the holidays. I have work to do, like sermons, KYLC prep, and a little bit of Greek translation. I'll probably catch up with a bunch of friends. Oh, and I'm long overdue for another newsletter. So that should be coming in the next few weeks.
Give thanks for the chance to relax and enjoy the company of friends. Thank God also for the provision of a house to stay in. And pray that I'll be productive (even if it's only a little bit) in the holidays.
Category: ,

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So busy all the time Ernie ...
I hope u will have time to catch up with u're friends ...
Till we meet again, good luck and GAR YAU in all that you do!!!

P.S. can i borrow your that cd (after you've finished)? It sounds cool!!!

Anonymous said...

haha yay! you finished exams! Now i can start bugging you! muahhaha. hey updated your mementos already! i check all the time~ -_-""

Ernest said...

JJ: Hey, I'm not busy! I just said that I haven't got much planned yet. I've got a pretty flexible calendar.

m: Okay, okay...I've finally uploaded the latest photos. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ~e~! some pic are quite funny hahahahhaha. good work~

Anonymous said...

hey erine i been busy is well(for chinese school exam ><") arr no time but i will keep checking if u updated your blog!! u r lucky :( and dont give me this face :P. hope u get good resalts not!!muhahahaha just joking

Anonymous said...

hey ernz, hope to catch up with u soon since we've boht finished exams.

ShareThis