I'm going on a holiday soon! Yippee!!
But not before I finish a million-and-one things before Friday.

After the 2 supporters' days, I need to work out who are the new people to add to my newsletter distribution list, tally how much money I have raised, who needs reminders sent out, and who has offered other kinds of helps. And I'm overdue for my 4th newsletter for this year. But there's no chance of me finishing that until I get back from my holiday. But a special thanks to all those who made the effort to come along (and even miss out on the footy!). And an super BIG thanks to Jackie for cooking for me on both Saturdays and paying for it all as well!!

<< Thank God for the amazing generosity of the brothers and sisters around me - in giving money, in offering practicaly help, and especially in praying for me and encouraging me. Pray that I can trust God to provide my needs for the coming 3 years. >>


Cowra Mission is coming up quick and fast...and I've got stacks to do. I've got a kids' talk to do, plus I'll be preaching for the first time. The kids' talk is on Jesus' baptism in Luke 3:1-22, and the sermon is on Philippians 3 - it's such a great passage I don't know how I'm going to manage to speak for less than 2 hours (at least)!! But alas, I only have 20 mins...hmmm....

Besides talking, I have to get things ready for craft and games and memory verse...ai yar!

<< Please pray for wisdom and an insightful mind as I teach the Bible to 2 completely different audiences. Pray that God's Word will enter the hearts of those who hear it and bear fruit for the glory of our Lord Jesus. And pray that I can get the rest of the things prepared together with my team. >>


There's also a number of responsibilities to hand over at church - Dialogue Dinner for the uni youth group, "What's It" box for the high school group, last study on Biblical theology for my Sunday School class, KYLC & KYC conference for the church, and RICE outreach for next year. AI YAR!!!

<< Pray that God will grant me an abundance of energy and extra hours in the day. Failing that, pray that there will be people who can help out with these things, and be able to do them without my supervision. >>


And then there's the next (and last) AIM day tomorrow (which I'm really looking forward to) and numerous people to meet up with for lunch/dinner and my room needs to be cleaned up and my bags packed and clothes washed and...u getting my gist now?

I think this one week itself qualifies me for a holiday!!

<< Thank God for the great opportunity to be trained at AIM. Pray that I'll learn heaps and heaps and be able to apply it to the ministries at my church. Pray for safety on my holiday and a relaxing and refreshing time so that I can come back ready to hit the road running (or sprinting rather!). >>

0 comments:

ShareThis