To my small but faithful bunch of readers, sorry that posts have been sparse, or worse yet, non existent. Sure, my computer's down time plays a part in that, but probably moreso a mixure of busyness and laziness.

And so much has happened recently, I don't even know where to start!

Well, I've been to 3 weddings in the past 4 weeks. They've all been weddings of good friends - in fact good Christian friends, which makes the occasion very special. And what's even better is that I know both the bride and the groom well. You know how you normally know only one of the two newlyweds. But in this case it was doubly good because I could rejoice for both of them knowing what they're both like and how their relationship has developed and how they've grown. So it was extra extra special to see 6 good friends get married. :) I have stacks and stacks of photos to put up, but I've got exams coming up, so it might be awhile before you get to see them...

<< Praise be to our heavenly Father for the wonderful gift of marriage. Thank you that he created male and female and bought them together. Pray for all 3 new couples that they may grow and serve Him together as one flesh and that their new families (esp the children to come) will be one that is honouring and glorifying to our Lord Jesus. Pray that their love may be modelled on the love between Christ and the church, in self-sacrifice and in humble submission, and that it will be a role model for us and to the rest of the world. >>


I've got exams - actually exam (singular, but exams has a better ring to it) - coming up in 2 weeks, but I haven't had time to study! I've just got waaay too many things to do and not a second to spare. Gotta be disciplined! Gotta work hard! Gotta pull my socks up!

But I gotta remember to trust God too!

<< Please pray that I'll be diligent as a Christian and as a student as I study God's precious and wonderful Word. I want to be able to pass this exam, but more important I want to be able to grow into maturity as God's child as His Word shapes my life and doctrine. >>


This Way Up is being launched this Sat 8th Nov. Come along if you can! It's a bit of a late plug, but never too late! You can actually hear them now on 103.2 FM! I'm selling tickets and CDs if anyone's interested. All these months and months of hard work finally culminating into this one night. I feel so excited for the team even though I'm only associated with them in a peripheral way. Here's some prayer points for them from their latest prayer email:

<< Pray for the safety of the performers, crew and audience. Pray that we bumpin as carefully as possible, and take the utmost precautions with all the tech gear, cabling and even food service. The launch is co-production with Newtown Theatre, to cover the public liability insurance so praise God that we do have cover, though we hope we will not need to use it!

Pray for those coming and those thinking about coming, that they will be challenged to find out more about Christianity. We still have some tickets left, so keep praying that people will be motivated to buy some! Also, pray for the Christians coming, that it will be good chance for them to network and encourage each other.

Pray for all the many hands, brains and voices involved in making the night flow smoothly, from caterers to stage crew to bouncers to musicians. Of course, there are a million and one last minute things to do and organise, but keep praying that we will trust God with it all.

Praise God for the many people who have supported and prayed for us along the way (especially all of you Knackledingers). In particular, we thank God for the interest shown by KYC, FM103.2 and the like. Please pray that we continue to stay focussed and make use of the many ways and opportunities to use music to glorify God even after the launch.

Most of all, pray that the message of the songs will be communicated clearly and powerfully on the night. It's so exciting to be able to sing these songs live and communicate the gospel in this way. We're all looking forward to a great night! >>


Lastly, I'm in the throes of trying to organise my supporter's days in the next few weeks. Except I've got nothing but a nice bunch of thoughts in my head. To my faithful readers who've kept reading this long post, I'm having a morning tea on 15th Nov and a dessert night on 22nd Nov.

Its purpose is to firstly thank everyone for their much appreciated prayer support this year and for all the encouragement I've received from them. Secondly it's for all my Christian friends from different churches to meet each other, and especially to meet the people I minister to in Rockdale. And thirdly (and perhaps of the least importance), it's to ask people to consider giving financially to support me in the next few years as I commence full time study at SMBC next year.

I'll be sending invites out soon (hopefully), so please come along if you can. It'd be an immense encouragement to me.

<< Thank God for getting me through this year and for providing me with lots of dear brothers and sisters in Christ along the way. Pray that God will continue to use me in the future to bring glory to His name, and that I'll trust Him to continue to provide all my physical, spiritual and financial needs. Pray also that God will continue to build up Christians around me who will be committed to a partnership in the work of the gospel - not only in a 2nd hand way through me, but moreso through their own lives as they seek to proclaim this message of grace. >>


Bravo if you've managed to read this whole thing in one sitting. Hope it compensates for the lack of updates recently.

0 comments:

ShareThis